Outside Lands 2014
08.08.2014 - 08.10.2014
Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA
I went up to San Francisco last weekend to attend my very first music festival ever - OUTSIDE LANDS! I’ve been looking forward to this event for so long and it was definitely well worth the anticipation! It’s kind of funny to look back at the time when I bought my tickets because back in March, I assumed I’d be working by now. And I worried that I wouldn’t be able to take Friday off… (This is why worrying about anything is never worth the time.)
Anyways, my friends and I had a blast! Some highlights from this weekend include:
- Seeing so many amazing artists perform live. (Personal favorites were Disclosure, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Flume, & Tiësto. Kanye was a huge disappointment though. That man talked way too much… We wanna hear you perform, sir! We don’t care how many shows you’ve been to with Kim since you’ve been married!)
- Running into old friends I haven’t seen in ages. Ages as in since high school graduation!
- Being carried on the shoulders of a random tall guy who was blocking my view during the Disclosure set. Whoever you were, thank you! It was amazing to actually see the stage over all those people! Now I know never to turn down people who offer to carry me on their shoulders.
- Eating good food nonstop. NONSTOP!
- Not remembering a big chunk of Saturday… (But having pictures and videos to prove that I actually ate the 4505 burger and saw the Death Cab for Cutie show.)
- Staying at Kevin’s parents’ beautiful condo that overlooked fidi’s high rises and the San Francisco bay. Thank you, Mr. & Mrs. Yu!
- Laughing, dancing, and just having a good time with friends. :)
Over the weekend, I was reminded once again of how you really don’t need a lot to have a good life. All you really need is good music, good food, and good company.